Leather Fresh is a colour refresher (dye) for scratches, worn, or faded leather. Leather Fresh is ideal to refresh colour damages on car leather, furniture leather, leather garments and handbags. Do not use on porous leathers unless colouring the entire surface - it can make the surface appear patchy. It can be sponged on or sprayed using an airbrush.
Always test any products first on a hidden area to test for colour match!
Firstly, clean the leather thoroughly and prepare the surface. Use Mild Leather Cleaner for normal degrees of soiling or Strong Leather Cleaner to remove heavier dirt (where the leather has been neglected for many years). Cleaning prior to treatment ensures the paint bonds to the surface well and ensures durability. Use Leather Cleaning Brush to effectively remove all ingrained dirt. Cleaning removes dirt but for long lasting results you should also de-grease using Leather Cleaning Spirit.
Use a sponge to apply the colour evenly, working from seam to seam. Dry afterwards with a hair dryer. On small spots, a one application is sufficient. Apply multiple thin layers and dry each layer using a hair dryer.
A day later, after it dries, apply Leather Protector. It gives the leather a good sheen and helps blend the repair. It contains antioxidants, which stops the leather's decay, and its UV filters protect the surfaces of old and valuable leathers from bleaching and fading. Also keeps the leather supple.
Find car leather colours for Leather Fresh Dye in our Car Leather Reapair category.
|Application:||Repair & Recolour|
|Application Area:||Bags & Cases, Car, Furniture, Leather Cloth, Saddle, Shoes & Boots, Steering Wheel|
|Leather Type:||Artificial leather, Pigmented leather|
Tips and tricks for the application of Leather Fresh Dye!
- Always check first in the concealed area whether the color also fits correctly before you continue to work on large areas.
- Leather Dye is only suitable for recoloring small areas!
- Leather Dye
is a color refresher for damaged areas. At most, damaged areas are color refreshed from seam to seam. Healed surfaces will not be improved by color refreshing. Only clean and maintain such surfaces.
- Leather Dye can also be applied with a spray gun. The result is then more even, especially on very large surfaces.
- Unevenly applied Leather Dye can be evened out with the Leather Sanding Pad before applying another coat.
- Different Leather Fresh colors can be mixed with each other for color matching. However, you need a good color sense to do this.
- For localized touch-ups, Leather Dye can also be applied to synthetic leathers and plastics.
- Always dry the Leather Dye with a hair dryer. It speeds up the process immensely. If you let it dry without a hair dryer, you usually smear the previously applied layers.
- Always work only at normal room temperatures! Especially in cold temperatures, the Leather Dye does not dry well enough, and working in clammy temperatures is no fun.
- Take enough time for the work. Color refreshing of leather can only be done quickly by professionals. If you take your time, you will get better results.
- For selective filigree work, Leather Dye can be applied with a mini-brush.
- Particular care must be taken with seams that differ in color! These can be masked with masking tape for protection.
10 of 95 reviews
June 29, 2020 19:00
Take your time and do many thin layers with blow dryer between layers. Next day polish with leather wax and voila!
September 29, 2017 19:00
Great for treating steering wheel
Wasn't expecting much, but it treated the worn spots on my leather steering wheel very well. It won't make it look brand new, but it's definitely an improvement.
July 31, 2018 19:00
We followed the instructions to the letter and it covered the scuffs well.How long before it wears off only time will tell..
March 11, 2021 18:00
Great product. Even the darkest of scuffs was covered with a few layers of application.
September 10, 2018 19:00
It saved a Herman Miller, Eames Lounger with Aniline Leather
Die Medien konnten nicht geladen werden. I used Colourlock Leather Fresh dye to restore this badly cat damaged 35-year-old and irreplaceable Herman Miller, Eames Lounger with Aniline Leather and Rosewood plywood. First I cleaned the leather with rubbing alcohol and did some light sanding. I was afraid to sand too much knowing if you sand too much there’s no turning back. Then I wiped it clean and applied Colourlock Leather Fresh dye with the sponge applicator. A few minutes later I went to rub it in with a new white cotton rag and was surprised there was absolutely no transfer of black. I was so delighted with the dyed finish I haven’t put a top sealer or conditioner on it yet. I couldn’t be happier with the way it looks and how it restored this irreplaceable treasure of mine.I used color F034 black dye.
May 29, 2017 19:00
Works great for recommended uses.
Color match very close, covered well although 30 ml doesn't go too far. A little dull when dries but with some leather polish after drying, the chair looks just like new. Don't expect the dabbing with the included applicator sponge to leave much texture, it does not. But to fill in scratches and small defects it works great. No color transfer after it dries. Works very well for intended uses; will not fill in or retexture large defect, only will allow a color blend.
August 13, 2016 19:00
very good item well pleased with purchase
Magic in a bottle worked a treat on my black e46 leather seats colour match was perfect hides small imperfections and scratches on the leather well the 30ml goes a long way and it's a very straightforward processClean the leather thouroughly ,apply due to provided sponge and apply to seat leave to dry (or speed it up with a hairdrayer ) multiple thin coats work bestIv used this dye on my leather gearknob is well with great results and no dye has transfered to my skin or clothes
August 5, 2016 19:00
I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and a white leather couch that I was about to throw out - replacement couch would have been 3,000$ - this was quick and easy and gave my couch new life!! Awesome product!
November 2, 2018 19:00
Worked very well on my car seat bolster.Great product
March 1, 2020 18:00
Will be purchasing again! :)
So easy to use! My whole couch looked like the 1st picture and now my whole couch looks like the 2nd picture!! 100% better. Absolutely will be buying again.. but since I have 3 leather couches, I will be purchasing the bigger bottle next :) thank you!!
Recommended Products for Leather Fresh Dye