Leather Fresh is a colour refresher (dye) for scratches, worn, or faded leather. Leather Fresh is ideal to refresh colour damages on car leather, furniture leather, leather garments and handbags. Do not use on porous leathers unless colouring the entire surface - it can make the surface appear patchy. It can be sponged on or sprayed using an airbrush.
Always test any products first on a hidden area to test for colour match!
Firstly, clean the leather thoroughly and prepare the surface. Use Mild Leather Cleaner for normal degrees of soiling or Strong Leather Cleaner to remove heavier dirt (where the leather has been neglected for many years). Cleaning prior to treatment ensures the paint bonds to the surface well and ensures durability. Use Leather Cleaning Brush to effectively remove all ingrained dirt. Cleaning removes dirt but for long lasting results you should also de-grease using Leather Cleaning Spirit.
Use a sponge to apply the colour evenly, working from seam to seam. Dry afterwards with a hair dryer. On small spots, a one application is sufficient. Apply multiple thin layers and dry each layer using a hair dryer.
A day later, after it dries, apply Leather Protector. It gives the leather a good sheen and helps blend the repair. It contains antioxidants, which stops the leather's decay, and its UV filters protect the surfaces of old and valuable leathers from bleaching and fading. Also keeps the leather supple.
Find car leather colours for Leather Fresh Dye in our Car Leather Reapair category.
|Application:||Repair & Recolour|
|Application Area:||Bags & Cases, Car, Furniture, Leather Cloth, Saddle, Shoes & Boots, Steering Wheel|
|Leather Type:||Artificial leather, Pigmented leather|
Tips and tricks for the application of Leather Fresh Dye!
- Always check first in the concealed area whether the color also fits correctly before you continue to work on large areas.
- Leather Dye is only suitable for recoloring small areas!
- Leather Dye
is a color refresher for damaged areas. At most, damaged areas are color refreshed from seam to seam. Healed surfaces will not be improved by color refreshing. Only clean and maintain such surfaces.
- Leather Dye can also be applied with a spray gun. The result is then more even, especially on very large surfaces.
- Unevenly applied Leather Dye can be evened out with the Leather Sanding Pad before applying another coat.
- Different Leather Fresh colors can be mixed with each other for color matching. However, you need a good color sense to do this.
- For localized touch-ups, Leather Dye can also be applied to synthetic leathers and plastics.
- Always dry the Leather Dye with a hair dryer. It speeds up the process immensely. If you let it dry without a hair dryer, you usually smear the previously applied layers.
- Always work only at normal room temperatures! Especially in cold temperatures, the Leather Dye does not dry well enough, and working in clammy temperatures is no fun.
- Take enough time for the work. Color refreshing of leather can only be done quickly by professionals. If you take your time, you will get better results.
- For selective filigree work, Leather Dye can be applied with a mini-brush.
- Particular care must be taken with seams that differ in color! These can be masked with masking tape for protection.
10 of 95 reviews
September 3, 2016 00:00
Great product, easy to apply and the result is outstanding.
Great product, easy to apply and the result is outstanding.Used this on my steering wheel which was dry, cracked and very faded. The Colourlock dye has sealed the surface and made it look like new.Highly recommended for anyone with similar problems.
February 23, 2019 00:00
Saved my reclinervcouches from trash!
amazing!saved my sofa set and looks almost new again
February 10, 2017 00:00
Worked great on my leather sofa. I did have to put a couple coats on, but it worked very well.
June 5, 2017 00:00
Used it on my cowoy boots/ piece of leather was chipped offrepair doesn't even show that it needed to be repaired
August 22, 2016 00:00
Very impressive coverage- matches well and easy to use
This repair was on a Porsche Cayenne bought second hand. Beautiful seats, but had started to wear and with little time, wanted to find a quick fix! I did not have time to use the product exactly as recommended and just used 2 coats in hot weather, without any sanding. The depth of colour and lustre was such that it did a let's say 80% repair job very quickly. I am confident with proper usage, this percentage would be 95% or higher. Would definitely recommend
October 15, 2016 00:00
... my desk chair as it was in a very poor condition and even though I thought it cannot be ...
I was looking for a leather paint for my desk chair as it was in a very poor condition and even though I thought it cannot be fixed I looked for a leather paint on amazon. After reading the reviews I decided to pick this product. I am very satisfied and it exceeded my expectations. Very good quality, it dries almost instantly and it also adds a hint of polish. I would definitely recommend it!
September 25, 2016 00:00
This was purchased for my husband who wanted to revitalise a rather worn looking leather jacket. He has used the product and is delighted with the results. He chose the black option, and this product works well. Recommended.
October 8, 2017 00:00
works as described!
This item has work out great, had a large round worn out/faded/defective looking 4 inch spot on the armrest of my expensive leather sofa that looked horrible and embarrassing especially when I had guests over feared I needed to buy a new sofa BUT after about 3 coats this has totally filled in the faded area, good colour match and blemish has disappeared! would recommend!
October 1, 2016 00:00
Amazed and happy - good as new
I am amazed at how well this product worked. I have a lovely Ital Sofa pit group, but the problem was, that the store had been unable to get the matching ottoman that fit, so they dyed a copper colored one they had in the store. So, after years of use, the copper began bleeding through, and the ottoman didn't just have a few glitches, it was a mess.At first I didn't think it was working, but I wasn't doing it right. You need to use a lot and dab, rather than wipe, and I used several coats. The ottoman is as good as new, and I feel very pleased with myself, as I am not the crafty project type, but anyone can use this.
March 8, 2017 00:00
Great paint and how easy to apply! My steering wheel and gear knob look better than new!!!
Recommended Products for Leather Fresh Dye