Leather Repair Kit for Steering Wheel Black
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaner Mild
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Degreaser
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh Black
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Leather Shield
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Preserver
- 1 x sanding pad
- Sponges and cloths
Steering wheels are in daily use. Due to frequent contact with moisture, sunlight & creams they wear out quickly or become greasy. Hand sweat and skin oils are particularly aggressive against the leather. The reason: leather is an open-pored material into which hand perspiration, skin fats and moisture can gradually soak. This makes the leather brittle, the color softens and the leather rubs off. In some cases, cracks even appear as a result of wear.
The COLOURLOCK leather repair set for black steering wheels is the solution. The bestseller from Germany is now also available in the UK - with an improved formula and solvent-free!
The COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh included in the set is used to refresh the color. While the COLOURLOCK Cleaner Mild prevents damage, the sealer protects the leather after recoloring. The COLOURLOCK Degreaser frees the leather from excess grease. It is solvent-free and particularly environmentally friendly. The COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Grease cares for the freshly dyed leather and gives the surface a natural shine.
- Carefully mask off all areas of the steering wheel that are not to be treated with COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh.
- Apply COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaner Mild to one of the enclosed
sponges and clean the steering wheel thoroughly.
- Then apply COLOURLOCK Degreaser to a cloth and go over the
surface to degrease the leather.
- Rough spots, scratches, abrasions or protruding leather edges can now be smoothed with the COLOURLOCK Sanding Pad. The excess sanding dust should then be removed with a cloth.
- Dab the COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh Dye Black carefully with the sponge or apply it to the steering wheel in circular movements. Then allow to dry completely or blow dry. This process can be repeated if necessary.
- After 24 hours, a thin layer of COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Preserver can be applied. It cares for the steering wheel and gives the leather a natural shine. The COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Preserver is mostly used for old steering wheels. This step can also be omitted for new steering wheels.
- After another 24 hours, put COLOURLOCK Leather Shield on a cloth and apply it gently to the steering wheel to protect the surface from new dirt and abrasions.
|Application:||Care & Protect, Cleaners & Degreasers, Repair & Recolour|
|Application Area:||Bags & Cases, Car, Steering Wheel|
|Leather Type:||Artificial leather, Pigmented leather|
10 of 106 reviews
July 21, 2016 00:00
Great little brush
Use this alongside Dodo Juice Supernatural leather cleaner mainly for steering wheel. Combination works a treat keeping it like new. Used same combo on other cars seats, steering wheels etc and delivered same excellent results.Bristles are firm enough to agitate into the grain of the leather but not too much as to cause damage. Personally I make sure that the brush is pretty damp with the leather cleaner to ensure it’s lubricated when agitating.
November 23, 2021 00:00
Important to get into grain if used to clean leather
I used it with Autoglym leather ckeaner. Definitely comes up better with agitating the autoglym spray. Wiped off with a damp shammy and dried with paper towels. Doesn't scratch the leather, but test it first! Then I used the Cherish cleaning cloths that came with my suite. Enhancing the leather. Autoglym sell a spray as well if you don't have that.Best leather cleaner I've used and this brush is ideal. Not expensive and seems well made with wood and bristles that don't come loose.
September 4, 2020 00:00
Neat good quality brush- did the job splendidly
March 8, 2017 00:00
Works best on more open areas. But gets the dirt out without being to stiff
March 16, 2019 00:00
Correct brush for the job!
Just the job for getting in to the grain of your leather.
April 28, 2020 00:00
Looks and works as good as expected.
Perfectly soft for leather seats in the car and brought the red leather back to new in our E93 (combined with AutoGlym products) even after the whole car was done several times none of the bristles came out with washing and kept as soft as brand new.
January 30, 2022 20:22
Bought to scru. A d clea. My car seats. Worked well and didn't damage my seats.
August 10, 2018 00:00
Good for Leather
Although i like the brush is really is very similar to a shoe brush and you may be able to buy a shoe brush cheaper.
September 2, 2020 00:00
**** 10/10 ****
Great product!This brush with Autofinesse Hide = Perfection!Leather in car after just a 5 minute scrub on each seat looks alot newer... would Highly Recommend
August 16, 2016 00:00
Perfect for cleaning my Alcantara seats! 👌
Recommended products for Leather Repair Kit for Steering Wheel Black