- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaner Mild
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Degreaser
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh Black
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Leather Shield
- 15 ml COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Preserver
- 1 x sanding pad
- Sponges and cloths
Steering wheels are in daily use. Due to frequent contact with moisture, sunlight & creams they wear out quickly or become greasy. Hand sweat and skin oils are particularly aggressive against the leather. The reason: leather is an open-pored material into which hand perspiration, skin fats and moisture can gradually soak. This makes the leather brittle, the color softens and the leather rubs off. In some cases, cracks even appear as a result of wear.
The COLOURLOCK leather repair set for black steering wheels is the solution. The bestseller from Germany is now also available in the UK - with an improved formula and solvent-free!
The COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh included in the set is used to refresh the color. While the COLOURLOCK Cleaner Mild prevents damage, the sealer protects the leather after recoloring. The COLOURLOCK Degreaser frees the leather from excess grease. It is solvent-free and particularly environmentally friendly. The COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Grease cares for the freshly dyed leather and gives the surface a natural shine.
- Carefully mask off all areas of the steering wheel that are not to be treated with COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh.
- Apply COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaner Mild to one of the enclosed
sponges and clean the steering wheel thoroughly.
- Then apply COLOURLOCK Degreaser to a cloth and go over the
surface to degrease the leather.
- Rough spots, scratches, abrasions or protruding leather edges can now be smoothed with the COLOURLOCK Sanding Pad. The excess sanding dust should then be removed with a cloth.
- Dab the COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh Dye Black carefully with the sponge or apply it to the steering wheel in circular movements. Then allow to dry completely or blow dry. This process can be repeated if necessary.
- After 24 hours, a thin layer of COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Preserver can be applied. It cares for the steering wheel and gives the leather a natural shine. The COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Preserver is mostly used for old steering wheels. This step can also be omitted for new steering wheels.
- After another 24 hours, put COLOURLOCK Leather Shield on a cloth and apply it gently to the steering wheel to protect the surface from new dirt and abrasions.
|Application:||Care & Protect, Cleaners & Degreasers, Repair & Recolour|
|Application Area:||Bags & Cases, Car, Steering Wheel|
|Leather Type:||Artificial leather, Pigmented leather|
10 of 106 reviews
August 9, 2020 00:00
Colourlock leather and textile brush
Good value, good quality, fast delivery. These are used by many professional detailers for interior cleaning. The bristles are just right not too soft and not too hard.
November 25, 2020 00:00
Perfect for Alcantara
Bought this to clean and alcantara steering wheel. It worked wonders on the matted fabric with Sonax cleaner. Saved me from buying another steering wheel.
September 19, 2016 00:00
So much better than a cloth or sponge for cleaning 22 year ...
Works very well with just the right amount of brittle / softness. So much better than a cloth or sponge for cleaning 22 year old leather vehicle seating. I used this brush with Dodo Juice. Seats cleaned up very well.
July 8, 2019 00:00
Good quality brush, bristles nice and soft for the gentle cleaning that leather needs. I use them on my car seats with specialist leather cleaning products, gently agitating the dirtier areas to draw out ingrained dirt.
June 6, 2017 00:00
Perfect for cleaning carpet and car seats
December 15, 2020 00:00
Great brush for leather
Works really well along side the leather cleaner i bought for easy cleaning of my sofas
February 8, 2022 20:20
Very good for cleaning leather seats, gets into all the wrinkles in the leather no problem
November 20, 2017 00:00
Used to clean car seats.
I used this with a cleaner to clean the suede parts on my car seats. The bush is very soft to the touch but will also disturb dirt enough to pull it away from the seat. Highly recommend for tasks that need a soft brush but some elbow grease.
March 22, 2021 08:41
Easy to apply, looks great
It made my steering wheel look brand new, and was super easy to apply, although I wish I received more mild leather cleaner, more like the bottle of leather cleaning spirits that comes with the kit, then I’d say it’s a perfect kit.
August 19, 2016 00:00
This is a great little brush
This is a great little brush. I had stains on a chair from grandkids and spraying with stain remover removed the stain but left a ring. I used this brush to clean the whole seat bottom and it is good as new. Good bristles but not so stiff that they would rip the fabric.
Recommended products for Leather Repair Kit for Steering Wheel Black