Leather Fresh is a colour refresher (dye) for scratches, worn, or faded leather. Leather Fresh is ideal to refresh colour damages on car leather, furniture leather, leather garments and handbags. Do not use on porous leathers unless colouring the entire surface - it can make the surface appear patchy. It can be sponged on or sprayed using an airbrush.
Always test any products first on a hidden area to test for colour match!
Firstly, clean the leather thoroughly and prepare the surface. Use Mild Leather Cleaner for normal degrees of soiling or Strong Leather Cleaner to remove heavier dirt (where the leather has been neglected for many years). Cleaning prior to treatment ensures the paint bonds to the surface well and ensures durability. Use Leather Cleaning Brush to effectively remove all ingrained dirt. Cleaning removes dirt but for long lasting results you should also de-grease using Leather Cleaning Spirit.
Use a sponge to apply the colour evenly, working from seam to seam. Dry afterwards with a hair dryer. On small spots, a one application is sufficient. Apply multiple thin layers and dry each layer using a hair dryer.
A day later, after it dries, apply Leather Protector. It gives the leather a good sheen and helps blend the repair. It contains antioxidants, which stops the leather's decay, and its UV filters protect the surfaces of old and valuable leathers from bleaching and fading. Also keeps the leather supple.
Tips and tricks for the application of Leather Fresh Dye!
- Always check first in the concealed area whether the color also fits correctly before you continue to work on large areas.
- Leather Dye is only suitable for recoloring small areas!
- Leather Dye
is a color refresher for damaged areas. At most, damaged areas are color refreshed from seam to seam. Healed surfaces will not be improved by color refreshing. Only clean and maintain such surfaces.
- Leather Dye can also be applied with a spray gun. The result is then more even, especially on very large surfaces.
- Unevenly applied Leather Dye can be evened out with the Leather Sanding Pad before applying another coat.
- Different Leather Fresh colors can be mixed with each other for color matching. However, you need a good color sense to do this.
- For localized touch-ups, Leather Dye can also be applied to synthetic leathers and plastics.
- Always dry the Leather Dye with a hair dryer. It speeds up the process immensely. If you let it dry without a hair dryer, you usually smear the previously applied layers.
- Always work only at normal room temperatures! Especially in cold temperatures, the Leather Dye does not dry well enough, and working in clammy temperatures is no fun.
- Take enough time for the work. Color refreshing of leather can only be done quickly by professionals. If you take your time, you will get better results.
- For selective filigree work, Leather Dye can be applied with a mini-brush.
- Particular care must be taken with seams that differ in color! These can be masked with masking tape for protection.
0 of 0 reviews
Recommended Products for McLaren Leather Fresh Dye