How To Repair Colour Damages On Leather Car Seats
First, thoroughly clean the leather with either COLOURLOCK Mild Leather Cleaner or COLOURLOCK Strong Leather Cleaner. The COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Brush is ideal for heavily soiled leather.
Degrease the repair area additionally with COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Spirit to achieve good adhesion of the filing and colouring products. The COLOURLOCK Mild Leather Cleaner and COLOURLOCK Strong Leather Cleaner remove perfectly dirt effectively, but not permanent oils, waxes and silicones. Smooth rough areas with the COLOURLOCK Leather Sanding Pad. Repair colour damages with COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh. Dab COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh repeatedly on surfaces with need of high covering power. But dry each layer before with a heat gun. As the binder in the COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh has a light filling effect, light surface defects will almost completely disappear.
Deeper scratches, dry cracks and rips can be filled with Fluid Leather.
COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh is available in 46 standard colours. If the desired colour is not on the colour chart, we will need a sample of the leather or the manufacturer's colour name. We can mix a custom colour for an extra charge according to your sample or the manufacturer colour name. You’ll find a list of the available colours by manufacturer name here. Ask your garage or car dealer for the correct colour name (not code!). Alternatively, cut a piece of leather under the seat or behind a hidden area. Please ensure the sample size is a minimum of 2 sq. cms You can also send us a headrest, sun visor, lining or covering or any other removeable part which we can use to mix the colour. Any items you send us will be returned securely with any products you order.
Typical friction damage. Can easily be repaired with COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh.
Only colour damage. Can also easily be repaired with COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh.
Heavier damage but still easy to repair.
Heavy damage and leather Fresh alone will not provide good results. COLOURLOCK Fluid Leather filler should be used to fill the cracks.
Repairable with COLOURLOCK Fluid Leather and COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh. But borderline case.
Too close to the seam. We recommend getting it re-trimmed. Most trimmers can do just the panel for you rather than the whole seat.
Leather and foam are missing. Needs to be re-trimmed
Extensive damage. Needs to be re-trimmed.
Pictures made by customers
- COLOURLOCK Mild Leather Cleaner or COLOURLOCK Strong Leather Cleaner against soiling and dirt. 125 ml are sufficient for one vehicle. Also available as 1 litre bottle, including a free 125 ml foam dispenser for easy application.
- COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Brush in case of dirt deep in the grain.
- COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Spirit for degreasing areas which are to be treated with Fresh or Fluid Leather.
- COLOURLOCK Leather Sanding Pad for rough areas.
- COLOURLOCK Leather Protector for basic care of older leathers. 150 ml are sufficient for one vehicle. Also available as 1 litre bottle.
- COLOURLOCK Elephant Leather Preserver for older convertibles or very dry leather (use after Protector and/or Shield)
- COLOURLOCK Leather Shield for protection of the entrance area (use before Protector and/or Elephant, in case of heavy wear)
- COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh according to our colour chart or as a special colour by colour name or sample with additional charge. Special colours are available from 150 ml, and the colour mixing charge will be applied only once per special colour and order, so you won't be charged twice should you also choose a Fluid Leather in the same colour.
- COLOURLOCK Fluid Leather 7 ml in matching colour against rips and breaches which need to be filled. Please always order COLOURLOCK Leather Fresh along with COLOURLOCK Fluid Leather in order to adjust colour and gloss.
Content: 150 ml (US$14.00* / 100 ml)
Content: 150 ml (US$21.60* / 100 ml)
Content: 150 ml (US$14.00* / 100 ml)
Content: 7 ml (US$35.14* / 10 ml)
Content: 125 ml (US$16.80* / 100 ml)